Tooth extraction without pain
Even though we try to save every single tooth, it sometimes happens that the treatment is not possible and we need to extract the tooth. Before the extraction we first discuss the options for replacing the missing tooth and about the extraction procedure. We want you to feel safe and to help you remove any doubts or fears. We use all types of anesthesia and we guarantee a painless experience.
After the extraction we advise you to follow the following instructions:
- The first day after the extraction use a cold compress on the face where the tooth was extracted to reduce the swelling.
- For at least 48 hours avoid smoking, touching the place where the tooth was extracted with your hands, tongue or a straw when drinking.
- For the next few days you should rinse your mouth gently with a saline solution or a mouth wash with chlorhexidine (antiseptic). The wound will heal better and faster.
- Clean your teeth carefully. Be gentle and careful around the spot where the tooth was extracted.
- In case of pain take an analgetic of the following kind: Lekadol or Nalgesin (NOT Aspirine!).
- Avoid any physical activity or physical strain for at least three days after the extraction.