After a tooth extraction you should follow these instructions:
- The first day after the extraction use a cold compress on the face where the tooth was extracted to reduce the swelling.
- For at least 48 hours avoid smoking, touching the place where the tooth was extracted with your hands, tongue or a straw when drinking.
- For the next few days you should rinse your mouth gently with a saline solution or a mouth wash with chlorhexidine (antiseptic). The wound will heal better and faster.
- Clean your teeth carefully. Be gentle and careful around the spot where the tooth was extracted.
- In case of pain take an analgetic of the following kind: Lekadol, Nalgesin (NOT Aspirine!).
- Avoid any physical activity or strain for at least three days after the extraction.